Position Requirements :
- Preferably graduate of an engineering graduate or 4 year course
- Ability to understand simple work instruction
- Can work well with minimum supervision
- Hardworking and dependable
Duties and responsibilities:
- Attend to the requirements of the establishment or agency and monitor activities prior to the construction or installation of pollution control facilities including the application and securing of necessary pollution permits and renewal thereof; and ensuring their compliance with the air, noise and water quality standards; the PCO and the head of establishment shall be held responsible for any violations of PD 984 and its implementing rules and regulations committed by establishment where the officer is employed;
- Report within reasonable time to the Department the breakdown of any pollution control facility, and the estimated and actual date completion/repair and operation;
- Promptly submit validated/certified as correct by the General Manager periodic reports as stipulated in Section 7 hereof as required by the Department (otherwise, said reports shall not be accepted as evidence in a pollution case);
- As a liaison officer with the Department, she shall keep herself abreast with the requirements of the Department and the latest available technology on the prevention, control and abatement of pollution;
- Attend the meetings for Pollution Control Officers which may from time to time be called by the Department;
- Facilitate compliance of the establishment she represents with the requirements that may from time to time be prescribed by the Department;
- Handle other matters of environmental concern as required by his employer.
- All accredited private PCO shall submit a periodic report to the respective Regional Officer of the Department every quarter or as often as maybe required, based on the operation and maintenance of pollution control source and control facilities concerned.