1. Helium Gas ( He )
i. fill up balloons
ii. protective atmosphere for fiber optics and semi-conductors manufacturing,
iii. fill up airbags right after impact,
iv. used to detect leaks,
v. used with Oxygen in diving tanks to prevent the narcotic effect of Nitrogen in deep waters.
2. Liquid Helium for Magnetic Resonance Imaging ( MRI )Application: In MRI, used to cool the magnets and obtain high-quality image
3. Ethylene Oxide Gas for Medical Equipment Sterilization ( ETO )Application:
i. gas-phase sterilization of medical equipment and instruments, packaging materials and clothing, surgical and scientific equipment;
ii. for processing of storage facilities (tobacco, packages of grain, sacks of rice, etc.), clothing, furs and valuable documents
4. Argon Gas ( Ar )Application: Used as carrier and inert gas in semiconductors. It is also used as a process gas for sputtering, reactive ion etching and plasma processing.
5. Mixed Laser Gas ( CO2 laser gas )Application: Cutting and welding, engraving, medical uses are laser surgery, skin resurfacing ("laser facelifts") (which essentially consist of burning the skin to promote collagen formation), and dermabrasion.
6. Mixed GasApplication: used in In vitro (test-tube) fertilization
7. Sulfur Hexafluoride ( SF6 )Application: gaseous dielectric medium (gaseous insulator) in the electrical industry, inert gas for the casting of magnesium and as an inert filling for insulated glazing windows, used as a contrast agent for ultrasound imaging.
8. Carbon Dioxide ( CO2 )Application:
i. produce carbonated beverages
ii. serves as inerting atmosphere (for welding or for handling flammable material)
iii. creates a protective atmosphere that enables to control the proliferation of the micro-organisms
iv. used in some fire extinguishers
9. Ammonia ( NH3 )Application:
i. used in semiconductor manufacturing and advanced materials for the deposition of silicon nitride (Si3N4) by Chemical Vapor Deposition (CVD).
iii. precursor to most nitrogen-containing compounds
iv. general purpose cleaner for many surfaces (clean glass, porcelain and stainless steel)
v. used in the fermentation industry as a source of nitrogen for microorganisms and to adjust pH during fermentation.
vii. used to scrub SO2 from the burning of fossil fuels
viii. used for treatment of cotton materials (liq.)
ix. Lifting gas (fill weather balloons)
10. Acetylene ( C2H2 )Application:
i. Used in welding, brazing, cutting, straightening or any other localised heating process used in automatic lubrication for glass bottle production moulding
ii. fuel gas in atomic absorption spectrophotometry (AAS)
12. Nitrous Oxide ( N2O )Application:
i. gas propellant for aerosols packaging
ii. in semiconductor manufacturing, nitrous oxide can be the oxygen source for chemical vapor deposition (CVD) of silicon oxy nitride (doped or undoped) or silicon dioxide
iii. used in calibration gas mixtures for petrochemical industry; environmental emission monitoring, industrial hygiene monitors and trace impurity analyzers.
13. UHP Oxygen Gas ( UHP O2 )Application:
i. Laser cutter
ii. Plasma cutter